webatelier.net is a lab of the Faculty of Communication Sciences of the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI, University of Lugano – Switzerland), directed by prof. Lorenzo Cantoni.
webatelier.net is a research and development laboratory, which deals with a broad range of topics related to new media in communication in the eTourism field. webatelier.net combines a strong academic background and a relevant business experience.
Research projects of webatelier.net encompass online communication strategies for destinations and tourism companies: eWord-of-Mouth and destinations’ online reputation, eLearning and gaming in tourism, argumentation in user generated contents, usability and usages studies, websites’ information architecture, booking engines design.
The eLearning and gaming in tourism and hospitality in the lab are being researched by the next people:
Among the projects developed within the lab in the field we would like to mention:
- eLearning platform for a Swiss regional Destination Management Organisation – Ticino Turismo (Bellinzona, Switzerland) here
- Educational online game for a hospitality training curriculum (Grahamstown, South Africa) here
- Global online survey on travel agents’ perceptions of eLearning Courses on Tourism Destinations here
- Special issue of JITT journal dedicated to eLearning in tourism here
- Complete list of available eLearning courses for travel agents about national tourism destinations around the globe here
>>>> Ongoing call for abstracts for the next mini-track ”Role of eLearning applications within the tourism and hospitality sector” - 3rd International Conference on Tourism Management and Tourism Related Issues – Barcelona, Spain (October 3-4, 2013)